Samirvar Snowdell

• Inactive Character
  • Healer Prince
  • Territory Court Healer
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    2 Posts    0 marks
A Minute of Calm
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »

Walcourt would take some getting used to. The twists of the new halls, the lingering taste of death finally washing out of the stones and walls. The infirmary was clean, Sami had made certain of that. Once the flood of injured had abated, he’d corralled half of the hearth witches in the court to clean. He would’ve done it himself, would’ve turned the entire place upside down but there had been other issues to deal with. Like arrangements for his trip to Askavi.

Diplomacy in a place he hadn’t seen in centuries.

Samirvar wasn’t certain if he’d bitten off more than he could chew in agreeing to that but there was not turning back now. He’d agreed and now he had to figure out which of his apprentices or even which of the court’s lower circle healers would fill in for him while he was gone. Someone that Iris wouldn’t be liable to kill in the meantime. Not that anyone would volunteer for such a task. Which was a very good thing that he wasn’t hoping for volunteers. Mother Night knew he didn’t have that sort of time.

Better to just steal away Josiah’s apprentice for a time. Anyone that Josiah took on as an apprentice would be responsible enough to deal with keeping the court more or less alive for a few weeks. It was that hope he kept to while tracing the thin thread of a shared jewel. Purple Dusk, a middling in a court of titans. *Prince Willowbank. A moment in the infirmary, if you please.*

Willbe!

@Jones

Willoughby Willowbank

Rose to Purple Dusk
  • Healer Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    32 Posts    0 marks
Re: A Minute of Calm
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
*Certainly Prince Snowdell, I’ll be over in a minute.* Willoughby answered, his face turning lightly in the direction the spear to spear thread had come from. Then with a casual smile he leaned back against the wall, arm carefully holding his weight so that he could lean over a pretty young guard. For the briefest second the delicate androgyn of her face had captivated him, made him curious. Once he was close her unquestionable femaleness became apparent in the scent of her Rose jeweled psyche. What hid between a person's legs did little to deter the prince either way. He liked to flirt, and more when permitted without concern for the details.

”I’m very sorry,” He cut her off, lightly touching her elbow for attention. Rattling on about her favorite things to do in the city. Boring him to death, but she was pretty so he had let her. It had been his question, after all, meant to get her talking. ”I’m needed elsewhere. I’d love to,”” He stepped marginally closer, prompting the guard to tilt her head up to meet his eye, ”see some of those places together sometime. If you were agreeable?”

It was several minutes later that he jogged lightly into the infirmary with an apologetic grin. ”Forgive me. I was at a rather delicate part of a personal project and had to finish.” His smile widened with ease. Not a lie, just another way of phrasing his preoccupation. Joining his hands behind his back he took an appraising look around the room. Nodding with an appreciate purse of the lips. ”I hadn’t found my way in here, yet. Quite the workspace! You must be well pleased,” He addressed Prince Snowdell as he closed the distance between them.

Undoubted by the potential rudeness of the act he tilted his head to take in the dark shadow of wings. Fascinating feature to anyone, doubly so to a healer that understood the additional muscles and bones that created the frame. ”You, um,” He tore his eyes back up to the other prince, ”wanted to see me?”

Samirvar Snowdell

• Inactive Character
  • Healer Prince
  • Territory Court Healer
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    2 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:27:28 PM »

A personal project. Sami had a creeping idea of just what that entailed but held his tongue out of politeness. Everyone was entitled to their indulgences. “Don’t worry about it, no harm done.” He waved off the apology with a smile and watched Willoughby with growing interest. “Oh yes,” Sami was definitely beginning to preen, “As lovely as it is, I do hope you don’t find any reason to be here more than necessary.” As much as he enjoyed piecing people back together, he was certain he’d enjoy this one whole considerably more. “Being pieced back together is rather painful from what I’ve heard.”

The continued preening was deliberate as was the stretch of his wings before he folded them neatly away. There was no harm in letting the young man admire him or his wings. Bad form perhaps to push it beyond that but ultimately harmless. He wouldn’t risk Josiah’s ire, not today anyway, by making any overtures to his apprentice. Leave the poor man to wrangle the chaos without adding to his plate, tempting as it was. “I did.” The counters were just low enough for him to prop a hip up on one without bothering his wings overly much. “How would you like full command over all of this for a few weeks?” He gestured to the empty room with a slowly spreading grin.

“I find myself in need of a temporary replacement, Prince and my apprentices are woefully ill-prepared to take on the task of managing the court’s needs alone.” Woefully ill-prepared and utterly terrified of the queen and court they’d agreed to serve. Not that Prince Willowbank needed to know that. The apprentices would spill everything once he left, of that he was certain, but by then it would be too late to back out of the arrangement.

If there was an arrangement at all.

Willbe!

Willoughby Willowbank

Rose to Purple Dusk
  • Healer Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Little Terreille Kaeleer
    32 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:01:30 PM »
”I will try.” This was his first opportunity to train as a Steward. A goal he had sought after most of his adult life. But when you were a healer, well, people expected you to heal. So his dream went often overlooked. Years of shouting ‘River, no!’ and many variants thereof had given Willoughbys already rich voice a rasp of gravel. It made his rumbling laugh bounce off the walls. Unintentionally too loud. He pressed the side of a balled hand to his mouth as if clearing his throat would help. ”That is what they say. Thankfully I’ve only ever been on the opposite side of the healing.”

It wasn’t really River’s fault that people tended to break around him. So far it had been fixable, physical things. Except for the barn. That was their old queens fault, though. This one would do better. Willoughby hoped. There was no time to consider his experience, or his pesky cousin. Eyebrows lifted just high enough for his interest to remain polite he took in the figure that hosted the bewitching wings. The territory court was a lovely place. He would like it here very much.

A grin of his own trailing out across his face he took a deep breath. Nothing so rude as a sigh. But it really didn’t bode well that Prince Snowdell asked him, a newcomer, to take on such an important role. Even if temporary. Shifting his weight he let the other man finish. Half trained apprentices were reason enough. And he had been a district court healer through 2 contracts now. ”I would be a fool not to make myself useful where needed.” He admitted.

”Of course, I’ll have to discuss things with Prince Redgrove. My apprenticeship has only just started. I hate for him to think I’ve changed my aspirations.” He enjoyed healing. The puzzle and challenge of mending a person’s critical pieces. And the dedication of time it took. This seemed a job well beyond his own level of experience, though. ”You would tell me, I hope, if there were another reason the task might fall to me? So that I’m thoroughly prepared. It wouldn’t change my mind,” He smirked, ”I’ve never been adverse to a challenge.”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open since 2017, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

FALL - AW103

The seasons will change on 11/20.

Recent Topics

Home for the Mourning Days by Vigot Thidrandisson
[October 28, 2020, 04:04:38 PM]

Lore Submissions & Templates by kayndred
[October 27, 2020, 09:40:02 PM]

Transactions by The Darkness
[October 27, 2020, 11:10:02 AM]

Vitian by The Darkness
[October 27, 2020, 11:09:14 AM]

Traveling Too by Audun Dahl
[October 27, 2020, 03:23:32 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner