• yarn hoarding coffee chugger
    0 Posts    5373 marks
Timeshare Queen
« on: February 09, 2020, 08:22:42 AM »
The Folly of the Faithful
linked to no one yet!

The Unshareable Queen

General Information:
A bit of absurdity dreamt up in chat that turned into a plot worm that wouldn't really go away in my head. The idea is more vague than concrete, which means there are a lot of options to choose from (territory, species, various other particulars). The general idea is a Queen who is sadly afflicted with a lot of males who just can't stand to be in the same room together.

The whys could be for any number of reasons. Jealousy. Spite. Something hinky with her queen craft. Bad manners. Maybe a little something different from boyo to boyo, and from relationship to relationship.

Requested Caste: Queen (dual fine)

Relationship: THE Queen

Preferred Jewels: Any.

Face Claim: Any

Miscellaneous:
I will probably make a new boyo for the fun, but several others have expressed interest in using a disenfranchised boyo they currently have in their lot.
 It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   In addition to returns, the Darkness also happily accepts bribes. Guarantees a mid or full Descent. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Green or lighter.)   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (No Birthright to Red - Darker Jewels not guaranteed.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (Blood Opal to Ebon-gray)   Allows you to save one set of rolled Jewels for later use.   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Dark Jewels that you specify, up to a Descent of Ebon-gray.  
getting to know dergon!
player notes & requests

kayndred

• OOC Account

• 0 Posts    8626 marks
Re: Timeshare Queen
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 09:40:26 PM »
Although I may make a new boy, depending on what kind of drama gets decided on I have a couple of preexisting menfolk from which I'm considering.

Name: Ephram O'Hannon
Species: An Coríthe
Jewels/Caste: Green to Sapphire WP
Overview:
  • Painfully civil, very distanced from WP traits
  • Not a fighter or quick to anger
  • Doesn't change from man to wolf due to trauma

Name: Indivar
Species: Eryien
Jewels/Caste: Summer-sky to Green Warlord
Overview:
  • Mute due to injury as a child
  • Friendly but self-conscious
  • A gardener with license to kill

Name: Reed
Species: Cervini
Jewels/Caste: Red to Gray Healer Prince
Overview:
  • Fiercely loyal to family and possessive of what's his, suspicious of everyone else
  • One angry boi
  • Dr. Asshole
 Eating something this cute will definitely inspire you! Provides a random writing prompt upon use. Make sure to save whatever prompt it gives, as the item will be deleted upon use.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (White to Opal)   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (No Birthright to Red - Darker Jewels not guaranteed.)   Wow, it's really heavy!   2 Birthrights, 1 Post. (Birthright Blood Opal to Red)  

Milly

• OOC Account

• 0 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:06:24 PM »
I would very much like to snap up this Queen. I'm in discord and would very much like more ideas on type of relationships between these boyos which may help with her history.

Things like:
Was one of them the man to take her through her Virgin Night?
Is jealousy partly because she pays another more attention? (perhaps a Sceltie)
Maybe she's the cause of a family member's death or banishment?
Seeks pleasure from the wrong one?
Ruined their favourite shirt?

Also would be good to establish which Territory or shouldn't it matter with current boyos location at the moment?

Any other info or plots are welcome!

Jones

• Staff
  • Red to Ebon-gray
    Priestess Queen

• Gutter Loving Plot Witch
    0 Posts    63308 marks
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 10:46:46 PM »
This picture is part of a brainstorming session where I mentioned an idea for a new character that could be for this queen. I think that your other questions will be worked out in the plotting process. I feel like the 'cause of a family memer's death or banishment' part could work with my willingness to play a mature male/dad/father figure-esque character. Could also be that she has a thing for him if he's not a relative, and he isn't interested because of an age gap, leaving he to feel rejected and stirring up attitude form her younger boyos who wish she was interested in them instead. She may also ruin his shirts. 
 A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.   How deep does this thing go? Guarantees a full Descent into the Abyss. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Opal or lighter.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of mid-range Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Sapphire.   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (No Birthright to Red - Darker Jewels not guaranteed.)   Get your ad the spotlight it deserves here! As many as you can buy!   Three times the Jewels! (No Birthright to Red)   You heard whaaaat? Omg. NO! I won't tell anybody.    Allows you to save one set of rolled Jewels for later use.   Three times the Dark Jewels! (Birthright Blood Opal to Red)   2 Birthrights, 1 Post. (Birthright Blood Opal to Red)   Unsatisfied with your choices? Get some more!   What’s better than one shiny? Why, five shinies, of course!   Wow, it's really heavy!   Guarantees a birthright of Blood Opal or darker to ONE family roll.   Guarantees a birthright of Blood Opal or darker to ONE family roll.  

Milly

• OOC Account

• 0 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 11:19:20 PM »
Haha that sounds fantastic.

As for the idea of the daughter are you implying this older guy fathered her daughter or am I misinterpreting it wrong?

dergon

• Staff
  • Opal to Red
    Hearth Queen

0 Posts    5373 marks
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 05:07:53 AM »
I think Jones meant he is the queenies father.

Territory shouldn't matter beyond Not Ile de Paon since they are queen hating assholes. Tigrelan doesn't mix their genders either so that also won't work. Annnd Kay is working on a new territory so you could get in on the ground floor of that maybe.

Did you have a personality idea? It might swing how my boyo behaves and is involved in the history bits.
 It's vibrant and cheerful, like the sky on a warm, cloudless summer day!   In addition to returns, the Darkness also happily accepts bribes. Guarantees a mid or full Descent. (NOTE: Only usable on a Birthright Jewel that is Green or lighter.)   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (No Birthright to Red - Darker Jewels not guaranteed.)   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Light Jewels that you specify, up to a descent of Light Opal.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (Blood Opal to Ebon-gray)   Allows you to save one set of rolled Jewels for later use.   Pick your own! Allows you to choose a set of Dark Jewels that you specify, up to a Descent of Ebon-gray.  
getting to know dergon!
player notes & requests

Milly

• OOC Account

• 0 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 05:49:16 AM »
Ooh I get it now, interesting. If he abandoned them young, considering how young, would they even recognise themselves as family? Not that I'm pushing for incest, but just the awkwardness of it once realised.

I'm happy to work with whatever is easiest for the Territory.

As for personality, I kind of feel that though a steadfast Queen, so can get flustered and anxious at times and perhaps push the boyos away, play with the annoyance thing. Maybe because of that a little clutz hence the ruined shirts. And it took time for her to master certain craft. So she certainly feels the pressure of being Queen and can get snippy. But I was also feeling that she could also be a Hearth witch, not sure if Queens can be, but perhaps be fussy about cleanliness, another way to get on everyone's nerves.

I'm sure once I get more of a handle on where's she is from etc I'll be able to build from there.

dergon

• Staff
  • Opal to Red
    Hearth Queen

0 Posts    5373 marks
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 08:40:50 AM »
There is a hearth queen ruling in Glacia I think? And I know I have a v annoying and fussy queen there.

Blood always recognize family by touch. Its in the blood, very literally.
getting to know dergon!
player notes & requests

kayndred

• OOC Account

• 0 Posts    8626 marks
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
Additionally, regarding location, we can work something out to have the boys travel to find her, we have a couple instances of that going on already iirc. So you can pick whichever territory you like and we can come to you. There's drama and plot to be had in that also.
 Eating something this cute will definitely inspire you! Provides a random writing prompt upon use. Make sure to save whatever prompt it gives, as the item will be deleted upon use.   When cut just doesn't cut it! (White to Opal)   A fancy certificate awarded to those noble writers who finish what they start. Redeem it to get a bonus of 10% more marks for a completed thread.   The Darkness has a surprisingly lenient return policy! (No Birthright to Red - Darker Jewels not guaranteed.)   Wow, it's really heavy!   2 Birthrights, 1 Post. (Birthright Blood Opal to Red)  

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open since 2017, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SUMMER - AW103

The seasons will change on 4/19.

Recent Topics

Expecting Expectations by Briar
[May 21, 2020, 11:31:59 PM]

Ready for Review by Milly
[May 16, 2020, 12:12:55 PM]

Afternoon Snack [cw] by Aramis Dupuis
[May 12, 2020, 01:42:54 AM]

Unexpected expectations [cw] by Eremiar
[May 10, 2020, 07:14:23 AM]

And baby makes... Four? by Morgan Blackthorn
[May 10, 2020, 05:59:54 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner