Morilinde

• Inactive Character
  • Witch
  • Mercenary for Hire
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    16 Posts    0 marks
Frozen Heathens
« on: December 19, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »

Miserable, cold Glacia. Glacians called it summer this time of year, summer. What place had a summer where she was bundled under warming spells? Mori’d have refused the job if it had been anyone else. No one in their right mind tangled with that Grey and expected to come out alive however.

So she’d accepted the job gracefully but that didn’t mean that she had to be happy about it.

When had she become Iris’s errand girl? Trained to kill and yet here she was running a payment to Glacia. Elia’d have her hide when he found her gone, slipped out of bed with just a note that she had ‘work’. Out of territory work, not likely to be dangerous but then again dealing with stray warlord princes was always dangerous work. Ornery things they were, always snippy unless there was a queen to pet them tame.

Her Elia never behaved like that though. Working with a queen had earned her his ire and she'd have more than simple petting to do to make up for it but that was a trouble for another day and time. Navigating the city and following the thin trail of a familiar tiger eye queen made her wish she’d brought Elia with her. Burrowed further into her coat, the half muttered string of Dhemlanese curses was enough to take her mind off of freezing. Find the queenling and she’d find the prince that stuck to her.

Easier now that she’d found a stronger trail, winding through crowds and the market, close enough for her to spot and follow. *Sweetling* A delicate confirmation probe and words passed across a private thread as she drifted close enough to settle an overly friendly hand on Nyree’s hip. “You lot are unnecessarily hard to find, especially in this cold.”

Enele & Nyree

@Jones @dergon

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    207 Posts    1608 marks
Re: Frozen Heathens
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »

Begging, and a lot of it, had finally convinced Enele to bring her into town. It was a walled city, which Nyree found strange, but she found all cities strange. At least here the air wasn’t sour and the ground dying beneath her feet. She’d worn her boots to keep questions as well as cold at bay. Supple deerskin, just enough shape to stick to her feet, almost like not wearing shoes at all, which was how Nyree preferred it.

But the city! Warm air circulating the streets. Enele had muttered something about circles and craft, but she hadn’t really been paying attention, clinging to Midnight and looking around her wide eyed in wonderment. This was the sort of city she could stomach on quick trips. Not dying, but alive. Still part of nature for all it was shielded against it. And there were market stalls as well as proper shops. Nyree didn’t like the clutter inside, however. Stale air and tall shelves making her feel hemmed in and worried, even if her caste was buried beneath good craft.

”I’m still looking here!” She’d whined when he tried dragging her away to look at something far less interesting. Knives, Nyree thought from the quick glance she’d cast. Promising to stay right at that stall until he was done. Thick woven rugs, pelts, and little things made to tempt children, and childish queens, it seemed. So stay she did, picking through the oddities on the table while Enele begrudgingly stepped away.

Not long after, Nyree felt a tickle up her spine. A whisper along the distaff thread. She’d nearly forgotten what the sensation felt like. Curious she latched on to it. Recognizing, almost immediately in a fuzzy, flushed way, Morilinde. The Tiger Eye witch who had been with Enele’s friend. The one who had taught her how to tie a man down with ropes of craft. She remembered too, with much embarrassment, how very drunk she had been when they’d met.

Not enough time to fret, however, before a hand clamped upon her hip, stirring Nyree to turning. Eyes bright and cheeks flushed with more than cold. ”Sorry!” She apologized with pleased sympathy. ”You get used to it.” Nyree did not find it as chilly as Mori’s layers suggested she did. Her fingers curled over Mori’s hand, to hold them and push them away both. Mostly she just fumbled. ”Enele is nearby.” And her heart was racing.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Glacia Kaeleer
    221 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
Worst. Idea. Ever. With a sigh Enele let go of Nyree’s hand. They should have not come. But after the wolf… he hadn’t been completely willing to leave her home alone. And he was still checking the city once a month for his last payment from Iris. With summer coming to a swift close they would need the money. Some things weren’t beyond his ability to craft or hunt. Like chocolate bars and nails. They would need both if he was going to survive winter locked in a cabin with his Bee.

”Nyree.” He challenged, lips white with the force of pressing them together. If he made a scene they wouldn’t be very inconspicuous. But he was tired of looking at the useless trinkets. They were at the point in the construction of their new home where he needed hatchet instead of his broad, heavy axe. Which was another thing he’d need to buy. Of course, his little woman was being difficult. Hard headed. A brat!

Things he thought but didn’t say. Jaw tense he looked over her head instead of down at the eyes she batted. ”Fine. But I sweat if you move so much as a step away I’ll throw you over my shoulder and haul you home.” He absolutely meant it. If she got mad he would lock her in the barn. Enele was damned tired of nearly losing her. Losing her love would be worth keeping her safe.

Which required a proper place for her to live, sleep, and play. Which required a hatchet. Three stalls down. There was more gray in his hair than brown now. Head bent down at the merchant while he looked over the wares. A silent probe pooled at her feet to keep anyone from getting too near. Without his noticing anyway.

”Keep the change.” He growled, tossing a silver mark at the vendor and snatching his purchase from the counter. Attention jerked back to Nyree by the soft tug of someone stepping into his Opal safety net. He had pushed the body away before he was close enough to see who it was. A wedge of Craft so he could fit a shield around his woman.

Teeth bared in an unfriendly grin as he walked up behind them. ”Enele is here He corrected. Uncaring that it was another woman at her side. He didn't have to put his hands on her for the message to be made. His. She was His. Mine, mine, mine his eyes glared.

Morilinde

• Inactive Character
  • Witch
  • Mercenary for Hire
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    16 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 10:54:00 PM »

Jumpy little queenling, fingers squeezing Nyree’s hip then releasing. More like herself, Mori wagered than the first time she’d met her. Then again all that alcohol would twist anyone into knots. Not that Mori would mind revisiting that incident again in warmer climates and on her own time.

“Oh I’m sure I will eventually.” Eventually, maybe. Assuming she ever wandered back to Glacia. Breathe queenling. It won’t do for Enele here to tear my head off if you faint.” It was a friendly grin that accompanied her words, the push of craft only making her chuckle. At least Enele had thought to leave a warning rather than a full out attack.

Only marginally better.

“Enele.” Turning Morilinde’s smile was an easy one, noncommittal almost as she took one step away and another. Space with warlord princes that weren’t her Elia was second nature by this point. “Lady Crag sends her regards and your payment.” Using Iris as a shield, even verbal was another thing that had become second nature. “I’m not here to make off with her, Prince. She was just the easiest to latch onto.” So growly and for nothing other than a hello.

Enele & Nyree

Nyree

Yellow to Tiger Eye
  • Queen
  • Played By: dergon

Glacia Kaeleer
    207 Posts    1608 marks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:00:35 AM »

Nyree was breathing! ”I am breathing!” She promised, only to find all the air trapped in her lungs because everything was fluttering. Heart kicking, making the rest of her vibrate too. Still fumbling at poor Morilinde when Enele used craft to knock them away from each other. She should have suspected, or expected, but it still surprised Nyree. Maybe she had grown too used to his Opal to notice when he was leaving it wrapped around her.

”Enele is here.” She echoed, smile lopsided. She nearly bent herself in half looking behind her. Head tipping backward rather than turning. There he was, looking not at all pleased. ”Hi Enele. Morilinde is here.” Not at all the reason for her blushing. Chin ducking, Nyree leaned against his side while Mori ran away. Everyone was always running away from her Enele and she didn’t understand why.

Her fingers fondled the front of his jacket, frown puckering her whole face at the mention of Lady Crag. ”Why regards? She didn’t care when he was getting blown up.” Nyree pouted. She knew Enele had been counting on the marks though. More frequent trips to the town alerting her to some worry on his mind. At least he’d finally let her come.

”Good thing I came, huh, Enele?” She peeked at Mori, cheek pressed into her man. She had the corner of his coat in her hands now, knuckles brushing his belt buckle. She felt too warm in her own jacket. Skin flushed under her clothing. Nyree had a wanting she couldn’t explain, tempted to pinch Enele until he bit it out of her. ”Morilinde knows me better than you. Did you bring your friend? The one with rope craft?” She asked, trying to look past Mori to see if he was in the crowd.

Enele

Rose to Opal
  • Warlord Prince
  • Played By: Jones

Glacia Kaeleer
    221 Posts    0 marks
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »
”Humph.” Enele did not smile back at the women. Distance between them easing the coil of alertness in his limbs but not his annoyance. For a second his eyes flicked to Nyree, gaping at him with her neck craning like some ridiculous sort of bird. It made him roll his eyes to keep from smiling. The little shit. ”So I see.”

That brought him back around to Morilinde. Arms crossing over his chest he lifted an eyebrow at the witch. ”About time.” He complained. Noticing that the payment was not yet anywhere to be seen. While a smart tactic, he couldn’t get the money if it was in a dead woman’s cabinet, it only annoyed him more. He could find a way to replace the marks if that was what it came to. If she was here to hand over the payment there were far less invasive ways to do so. Like handing over the payment. And not shoving Nyree’s vulnerability in his face. He was never letting her out of the barn again. ”She’s a free woman, but I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.”

Easiest to latch onto! No one needed to be latching onto his woman in the first place. If she didn’t know the drop off location he had agreed to  with the last messenger all she had to do was ask around. No one could have pointed her in his direction, but he would have heard quickly that someone was looking. And he’d have found her without any of the insult involved.

Speaking of which he settled fingers on Nyree’s arm. From the back of her shoulder down to her elbow in a soothing stroke. ”I don’t need Iris to care. I just need her to pay me for the job I did. If she appreciates it, that’s great too.” Someday he hoped to work again. And the recommendation of a territory queen held a lot of weight.

”Yes. Good thing.” The way his eyes narrowed promised it was not good at all. At least now he would have a direct incident to point to when he left her behind the next time. And every time after. If she was easy for Morilinde to track down, then she was easy for anyone to track in the crowd. ”Then they should have sent someone that knew how to find me.” Like Elia. Who Nyree mentioned in a way that sent tingles and bristles down his spine. They both searched the crowd but Enele knew there was no chance he was here. If he were, they’d be nose to nose with their women behind them by now. Friends, brothers even, but only to a point.

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open since 2017, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SUMMER - AW104

The seasons will change on 09/21.

Recent Topics

Traveling Too by Koa Red-eye
[September 18, 2021, 06:10:25 AM]

Crystal Mind and Magenta Feelings by Filaesion Rilindisil
[September 14, 2021, 09:32:22 AM]

Fire and Ice by Talimar
[September 12, 2021, 06:07:02 AM]

Spring Leaves, City Lights by Aendaciana Rilindisil
[September 04, 2021, 10:35:03 AM]

Well, hello there by Lorivar
[August 28, 2021, 06:36:35 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner