• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
The Best (Worst) Ideas [CW]
« on: June 09, 2019, 02:43:24 PM »
@Bismark

Tobias had never really given much thought to Ares before. He knew the Warlord Prince dressed in drag, which he didn’t fully understand the appeal of, and he knew Irja valued him — but then, Irja valued everyone who worked for her, or they wouldn’t be working for her anymore. She’d always kept the two of them apart, like they were two children who needed to be separated for their own good, and he hadn’t fought her on it.

But after his encounter with pre-coffee Ares, he was curious about just how well the man could charm people. Obviously, Tobias hadn’t been there as a patron when he'd been greedily gulping coffee and whining about the lack of pastries, and Irja hadn’t exactly chided him for giving Tobias a hard time. There had to be some sort of charm, though, some sort of other appeal beyond looks — though the looks were a pretty good bonus, as far as he was concerned.

He wasn’t going to push for it, not quite, but if the opportunity just happened to present itself…

Whistling to himself, Tobias stepped into the Red Star shortly after it opened for the evening. He scanned the room, grinning at one of his favorite ladies, and he considered a romp for the evening. But his eyes caught the site of Ares sitting alone — for the moment — and after he looked around to make sure Irja wasn’t around, he crossed the room toward the Warlord Prince instead.

”Anyone sitting here?” he asked with his most charming grin, leaning against the back of the chair immediately next to the man. ”Or can I join you?”

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
Re: The Best (Worst) Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 02:58:23 PM »
Thursdays were the worst. He had the least amount of regulars on Thursday, which meant he would have to sit and look pretty for the plebe and the walk ins. Most of whom weren’t interested in him anyway. And then he had Anthony scheduled in at an impossible hour, meaning he couldn’t even take a client for a night… He had to talk to Irja about this, because it wouldn’t do. He didn’t put on all this face, and sparkle and the corset just to smoke and drink from the Red Star’s house bar.

He was just lighting the next fragrant cigarette when Tobias Marasfield strolled into the Red Star. The man really needed another hobby than visiting the red moon houses, or his dick was going to get diseased and fall off at this rate. It was no secret that Tobias did well with most of the ladies, even the ones who weren’t paid to like him. A player, a flirt, a-waiting an STD.

Ares hadn’t expected to be approached by Tobias. He usually didn’t have the testicular fortitude. Something about men like Tobias and people who were taller than him just didn’t seem to work quite right for them. His attention had already shifted back to the book in his lap, when the Prince interrupted his bubble.

He glanced up at Tobias, taking his time to take another drag from the cigarette while he sized Tobias up from head to toe. As if it was the first time seeing the man in there.
“It’s free if you pour me a drink, studly.” He responded sweetly, wiggling a little in the chair he was in to get more comfortable.
“Two fingers, brown, no ice.” He ordered, as if Tobias was a waitress, and not a patron.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
He’d never had to pay for the privilege of flirting with the girls, and Tobias blinked, tilting his head slightly at the idea that it might not be free if he didn’t play bartender. He didn’t stay affected long, flashing another grin before helping himself to the chair.

”Sure,” he said easily enough, pouring the drink for Ares and offering it out with a bit of a flourish before pouring his own. He rested back in his seat, as comfortable as if he owned the place, then returned his gaze to Ares’s face. It was… different. He wasn’t sure how he felt about those features, both feminine and not, so gorgeous in a nontraditional way.

Tobias hadn’t spent much time with the men who worked at the Star, but maybe he should have. He was intrigued despite himself, and he couldn’t help but wonder what sort of client Ares usually had. Men? Women? What kind?

”And how are you doing tonight, gorgeous?” he asked, taking a sip from his own glass.

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »
There had been no losing in the situation, he’d imagined. Either Tobias would do the male thing and stomp off, irritated at being bossed around, or he would get a drink without having to get up and get it. Surely there was no bad outcome. And when Tobias offered him the drink he took it with a charming smile as his reward. He half expected Tobias to fuck off anyway, but when the man actually sat down in the chair he’d inquired about, Ares was beginning to suspect he might’ve got the worse outcome after all.

He kept his eyes on the pages of the book, even if he wasn’t actually reading them anymore, he played a good game of charades like that, hoping Tobias would just… go.

It was clearly too much to ask, and Tobias instead used his overused ice breaker, clearly unable to read the temperature. Ares barely reacted, merely glancing away from the pages and at Tobias for a long moment as he considered the man sitting next to him.

“Oh for pete’s sake…” He muttered. “We’re really doing this?” he wondered out loud. Where was Irja to… to manage her… her bloodhound, or pet, or whatever he was? Ares snapped the book closed and looked up at Tobias properly, flicking a lock of hair back over his shoulder and taking a deep drink of the liquor in his glass.

“Why don’t you tell me, studly?” He asked his voice taking on the sultry thrill that he more commonly used when he engaged with people. Though the tone might suit the venue, his words did not. “Clearly you have something on your mind that you’re just dying to share with me.” He concluded, because Tobias never tried this hard. Not with him. Not if Irja could help it, and Ares trusted her judgment a lot more than he did Tobias.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »
Even though Tobias could take a hint… Well. That wasn’t entirely true, because he really couldn’t take a hint. All Ares’s attention on the book did was make him determined to be that much more interesting than whatever was written on those pages. Surely that wouldn’t be too difficult.

”Doing what?” Tobias asked, baffled all over again. He set his glass down on the table. ”Talking?” Was that a bad thing? All right, so Irja tried to keep them apart, and maybe — probably — she had her reasons, but it couldn’t be that bad, could it? It wasn’t like they were both Warlord Princes trying to duke it out for territory. He was just… curious.

He wasn’t sure if it was better or worse when Ares’s tone changed, but he approved of it. ”Amazing bedroom voice,” he said with a nod and another grin. It was like the words hadn’t been off at all, like he really was a patron who was getting the full treatment instead of being mostly brushed off. ”I’m just curious. I’ve talked to most of the people in this place, but not you. You’re… a mystery. I like mysteries.”

Unraveling them, anyway.

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 04:06:27 PM »
“You don’t talk,” Ares said with a slight snort of bemusement. “I’m not even sure you know how.” He added, wetting his lips and casting Tobias another sidelong look that bordered on being judgmental.

If talking was all that Tobias was up for, he supposed he could humor the boy, he called in the silver box of cigarettes he used and after taking on out he lit it with a flick of craft.
“Smoke?” He offered, sweet as a kitten, as he held out the contained of long-rolled cigarettes. They were made with the best  Dhemlanese tobacco and spiced and flavoured with fine herbs. They were nostalgic in a way he couldn’t even begin to explain -- nor was he going to attempt it.

Ares shifted in position, to look at Tobias a little better, face him properly as it were when the man tried his best to make this seem flattering somehow, and not vaguely insulting.
“That’s not great incentive for me to talk, boy…” He added with a sweet purr.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »
Tobias blinked, feeling more than a little offended. ”I don’t?” Of course he did. He wasn’t just a penis on legs. He had fun chatting up the women at the Star — and if that chatting ended up in a bedroom with them having more than a little fun, then so be it, right? He didn’t think that was where it was going to end up with Ares, especially if the guy kept being borderline hostile to him, but he was baffled.

He accepted one of the cigarettes with a murmur of thanks, though it was less warm than it could’ve been. He lit his own, taking a deep drag and humming in appreciation. ”Thank you.”

It was rare for him to be so utterly shut down, especially in a place like this, and it took him a moment to recalibrate. ”What about the fact that I find you beautiful and intriguing?” he asked, tilting his head. ”And the way that corset fits you… I wasn’t lying when I said you looked gorgeous.”

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 06:00:04 PM »
Ares smirked and shook his head, a twinkle of something in his eye as he continued to glance sidelong at Tobias -- whose gears were turning so hard, Ares worried he might hurt himself.
“No, you don’t. You flirt.” He said dryly.

There was a brief revival of hope that perhaps this was enough, that now Mr. Marasfield would just smoke and drink in silence with him, but Ares knew better. Deep down he was well aware that Tobias was a dog with a bone, and this time he was the bone. Where was Irja, for Darkness’ sake?
Had he had less pride he might’ve called for her -- damned if Tobias would be able to hear it on the Rose as well as most other people in the establishment.

“Hm…” Are hummed, absentmindedly. “I’d say you were quite right.” It was almost as if Tobias had eyes. Did the man honestly think that Ares would go out looking like he did if he didn’t know he looked drop dead gorgeous in it? The make up wasn’t easy to apply by any means, and it wasn’t a glamour, and had the man ever tried to buy a dress for his own size? Let alone Ares’ size? It was designed for him and his body shape, of course it looked good.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »
What was the difference, really? It still involved talking, and it wasn’t like he was lying when he was flirting. He was just being honest about the most flattering parts of the people he was talking to. What was the harm in that? But Ares made it sound like a terrible thing. ”So?” he asked, voicing his thoughts. ”It’s a way to start conversation. Why does it matter if I like flattering people?”

Though Tobias’s attention briefly went to the cigarette and his drink, Ares was right: he didn’t let it go, didn’t stay quiet for long even though there was a part of him that kept insisting he was going to make an idiot out of himself if he wasn’t careful.

But Ares was just there.

It was like the man was making it harder on him on purpose, which only made him more determined to get something out of him. What, he didn’t really know, but something. If he had to throw money at him, he’d do it, just to get an idea of why people paid for time with Ares.

”Are you always so confident?” he asked, though there wasn’t anything judgmental in his words. He was baffled and a little astounded, really, because it took serious balls to be as confident — arrogant — as Ares seemed to be. ”Because that’s sexy too,” he noted. ”If you don’t mind my flirting when I’m honest with you,” he added a little dryly.

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »
The difference was more than just semantics, of course. Words spoken didn’t make a conversation, and flirting didn’t even really start a dialogue, but rather a monologue, of one person who believed their opinions were somehow relevant to another. Such nuances were likely lost entirely on the likes of Tobias Marasfield, who very likely had the depth of a teaspoon.

He didn’t say anything so nasty to the man though, he just smirked and shrugged.
“If that what’s comfortable for you, who am I to tell you off?” He wondered, sweetly, his voice as innocent as he could muster it. Which was fairly innocent, he had been a whore for a long, long time after all.

“Oh honey,” Ares said with a light laugh, shaking his head. “I didn’t get into the business because I had low self-esteem like some of the lads and girls who rotate in and out of these red moon houses.” He mused.
“But it’s good to know that we’re being honest with each other now.” He added, reaching over and petting Tobias’ knee, like a grandmother might her youngest grandchild.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 06:35:57 PM »
The words sounded so sweet that it took Tobias a moment to realize he was probably being made fun of. He wasn’t sure exactly how, but he felt like he was the topic of a joke he didn’t understand. Maybe Irja had been right… But he wasn’t going to admit defeat. Not yet. ”I don’t think you’d hesitate if you really wanted to, unless I was paying you,” he pointed out.

Which perplexed him. He was generally a nice guy, wasn’t he? When he wasn’t on family business, at least…

”Then why did you get into the business?” he asked before offering his own boyish grin. ”While we’re being honest with each other and all.”

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »
Part of Ares wanted to ask Tobias what bet he had lost. Or what he was trying to win here. It wasn’t like he was starved for attention, and he clearly didn’t have the guts to just pay his going rate. But this was still a place of business, and it wouldn’t do to scare business off completely.
“Lucky you,” He said with a twitch of a smile on his lips. “I guess that means I don’t really want to.”
Mostly because he didn’t care how Tobias Marasfield got laid, or if he got laid at all, and if pointless flirting worked for him… well… Ares certainly wouldn’t lose sleep over that.

Ares drew in a slow breath, briefly looking down at his glass of booze, and taking the last sip of it -- as if gearing up for a big confessional about his life leading up to his gainful employment at the Red Star.

“For the same reason you do what you do, I imagine.” He said -- unhelpful, and a little enigmatic. He didn’t continue for a several moments, letting Tobias believe that was all he was going to get until he could see the man draw breath to speak again.

“At least, I imagine you’re good at your job, I can’t say I’ve ever felt the need to check.” And it wasn’t like the clients he saw ever caused any trouble. They knew better than that.

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »
”Really lucky,” Tobias said, his voice dry. Lucky enough to where he took a moment with his cigarette, almost hoping to see Irja show up so she could work her magic and make this less awkward somehow. Then again, she’d probably make it worse by wanting to know what he was up to — but he wasn’t really up to anything. He was just… curious, but Ares had him utterly baffled.

He waited patiently, wanting to know the answer to his question — and at first, not realizing he was talking about jobs in general. He was just about to argue that working at a brothel was different from visiting one when the man spoke, thankfully cutting off the words before he made an even bigger idiot of himself.

”Of course I’m good at my job,” Tobias said, frowning at Ares. ”Irja wouldn’t pay me if I wasn’t. And she wouldn’t pay you if you weren’t good at your job. What do you do, exactly? What do people pay you for?” He paused, then added with a wave of his hand, ”Besides sex. They can get that from anyone here. So why you?”

It sure as hell wasn't Ares's charm.

Ares Rose

• Inactive Character
  • Warlord Prince
  • Really rather not.
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    29 Posts    624 marks
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 05:06:44 AM »
Ares blew a long stream of smoke up into the air and toward the ceiling, watching it as it circled and slowly dissipated into the rest of the air, listening to Tobias grow more and more defensive of his own prowess. He hadn’t even meant it in a critical way, but as a warlord prince of some significance he simply had never had need of Tobias’ particular skill set.

“Of course.” He agreed with a slow nod, taking another long drag from the cigarette he was holding between two fingers, and he scoffed a laugh at the follow up question. A little more direct, which he could appreciate, though he wasn’t sure the answer was going to get more interesting.

“Whatever they want, that’s my job.” He pointed out, dry as ever. He wasn’t going to give away the milk if Tobias had no intention of buying the cow. Which Ares had to assume he hadn’t. Or he would’ve already made an offer, an appointment, or a request.
“You can get sex anywhere too,” He mused at Tobias with a sly smile. He nodded at the front door of the Red Star. “Out there just as easily as in here, I imagine. So why come here?”

Tobias Marasfield

• Inactive Character
  • Prince
  • Syndicate Member
    Little Terreille Kaeleer
    109 Posts    527 marks
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 08:45:13 AM »
The answer was another of those non answers, one of those things that left him more frustrated than anything else. It was like the Warlord Prince was incapable of answering a question in any way that would satisfy another person. It was almost enough for him to consider paying the man’s rates just to see if he’d answer the questions when he was being paid!

But the idea of paying him for his time meant there might be more, and he wasn’t entirely sure he could handle that. He hated to admit it, even to himself, but he was intimidated — and it was making him defensive and irritable, which wasn’t something he liked.

”They can go to anyone here,” Tobias countered. ”Why you?” Rude, maybe, and he realized too late it probably had something to do with the thrill of a beautiful man in drag, but he wasn’t even sure how all of that would… work. And he didn’t to make an idiot of himself trying to find out.

The counter-question caught him off-guard. He should’ve expected it, in retrospect, but he hadn’t. Why did he come to the Star? Because it was a sure thing? Because flirting was fun and easy, and he didn’t have to worry about pursuing it in earnest? He didn’t honestly know. He didn’t think because I want to was a good answer, but he offered a smile and spoke those words anyway. ”Because I want to.”

Welcome to Witchlight

We are an AU Black Jewels RPG that is continuously expanding the world lore to truly make it our own. Come join us and play in our sandbox!

Open since 2017, we have 9 unique races, from birds to wolf-shifters. Feel free to drop into our Discord, lurk our wanted ads, and see if Witchlight is the fantasy site you should always have been looking for.

We have an RPG Rating of:

Timeline

SUMMER - AW104

The seasons will change on 09/21.

Recent Topics

Well, hello there by Lorivar
[July 24, 2021, 05:48:18 PM]

Fire and Ice by Talimar
[July 24, 2021, 05:31:25 PM]

Spring Leaves, City Lights by Koa Red-eye
[July 10, 2021, 07:27:46 AM]

Traveling Too by Audun Dahl
[July 08, 2021, 09:32:26 PM]

Crystal Mind and Magenta Feelings by Niniel Galasrinion
[July 06, 2021, 04:03:18 AM]

Chat

Guest Friendly Discord
login & choose a name, no registration required!

Wanted Spotlight

The Second
Eunuch | Open Jewels | Paon
Hand to the Mother Priestess

Rumor Mill

Credits

Witchlight is loosely based upon the Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop though it has been adapted and expanded by our members. All lore, characters, and writing belongs to the members. Site graphics & custom codes were created by the staff. A special thanks to Wolf & Katarina for all their help with the planning of Witchlight and the writing of the base lore.

Community Awards Winner